Know about Your Pregnancy Through These Home Based Tests
Pregnancy is not so intricate that you won’t know about it at home. There are several tests that you take within the confines of your house. These tests are proven and provide you a pretty coherent picture about whether you are expecting or not. This is the reason for this blog, to enable you to know about your pregnancy through the home based tests
Why know about your pregnancy at home?
Before we jump into the tests themselves, let us try to answer the question- “Why?” why would you like to take a test at your very home? Well, the reason of this can be answered in the following 2 points:
- You might want to hide the fact for a while that you are pregnant: regardless of your reasons, your pregnancy is a very personal matter and only you should be allowed to know about it.
- Taking the mattes of health quickly: Now, if you find out at home that you are pregnant, you can take the steps regarding your health beforehand. To that end, you would also get the drive to find out about the foods to eat and avoid during pregnancy.
The above two reasons are pretty much the reason why the pregnancy tests at home are needed so much. Now that you know the reason, we can jump into the actual tests.
The Home based tests of pregnancy
Now, when you hear the matter of pregnancy, your mind goes straight to the pregnancy kits needed for this matter. However, if you are talking about tests that are home-based, a pharmacy should not come into discussion.
To that end, let us start off the discussion with the pregnancy tests at home without the kits:
- The urine in the jar test: All you need for this test is a jar to carry your clean morning urine. You collect your urine in the jar and let it sit for a day. If there is no change observed, then you are not pregnant. However, if you notice a foamy surface that indicates that you are pregnant.
- The granulated sugar test: for this test, you will need to some sugar (about 3 teaspoons of it). Put the sugar in a clean bowl and pour over your urine on the bowl. Let the entire thing rest for about 5 to 10 minutes. If the sugar dissolves, then it means that you are not pregnant. However, if the sugar ends up clumping together, that would indicate that you are eating for two.
- Bleach test: You would need some laundry bleach to take this test. Put about 1 cup of bleach in a clean bowl. Then collect your urine in another bowl. Pour the urine over the bleach and wait for about 3 to 5 minutes. If there is not reaction, no pregnancy. If there is a reaction that causes some fizzle, it means that you are carrying.
- The toothpaste test: With this form of test, you would need some of our toothpaste. Collect about 2 tablespoon of the toothpaste in a bowl. Collect your urine in another bowl. Now, pour the urine over the toothpaste and let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes. If you see any sort of froth, then that indicates that you are carrying. If there is no reaction, then there is to case of pregnancy.
- Similar tests: The similar way of testing can be done using other substances like white vinegar, dandelion and baking soda. As for white vinegar, there is color change, for the dandelion leaves, red spots appear and in the case of baking soda, there is a fizzle reaction.
Now, as for the pregnancy tests with kit, there is only one and it also entails urinating on the kit. However, you need to take caution here as there can be a chance of false positive:
- Every pregnancy kit has a different time parameter. Therefore, read the instructions.
- Different kits have different indicators. Therefore, buy the one that you can actually understand properly.
These are the pregnancy tests that you can take at home. However, there is always a chance that the results can be false positives. Therefore, make sure to reach the right gynecology experts to get the right results.