Manage your Weight during Pregnancy
Gaining weight during pregnancy is normal and healthy too. Right? Butdo you know more than half of the women dying during pregnancy or childbirth are overweight or obese? Further, there are multiple pregnancy complications that can be often associated with the obesity.So yes, it is normal and healthy to gain weight during pregnancy but too much weight gain can be harmful for you. It is important to know your ideal body mass index during pregnancy and make sure that you maintain the healthy levels. Every woman specially the one who was overweight before pregnancy must ensure to keep a check on her weight during pregnancy. Through the course of this article we will take a look at the various tips to control obesity during pregnancy.
Complications of Obesity during Pregnancy
Before moving forward with the complications of pregnancy it is imperative for us to understand the various complications that come with obesity or being overweight. Here is the list of complications caused by obesity during pregnancy-
- Premature birth
- No normal deliver rather the cesarean delivery
- Cardiac defects in baby
- Gestational diabetes in mother
- Formation of high blood pressure in mother
- Sleep apnea
- Blood clots
- Infections in mother
Tips to control weight during pregnancy
In order to provide the one short solution to all the pregnant ladies here is the list of steps that must be followed in order to maintain the healthy weight during pregnancy-
- Know you right weight- You can maintain the ideal weight only when you know what is your ideal weight? Thus, make sure to ask your health professional about the ideal weight and work toward achieving the same. Usually the lady with the body mass index over 30 is considered as obese and can only gain up to 11 to 20 pounds.
- Indulge in 30 minutes exercise everyday-Many women fails to understand the benefits of exercising during pregnancy. On the top of that they feel that if they will do exercise it will harm their babies. However, the real fact is that exercising on daily basis to right extent can provide manifold benefits to the lady. It can help in maintaining the ideal weight, heal some pains, reduce the chances of birth defects etc.
- Slash down your calories intake- The pregnant women eat for two people and thus require the more amount of calories than others. It is mandatory for the mother to be to consume up to 1700 calories every day. However, do not consume extra calories in order to avoid gaining too much weight.
- Consume Healthy Diet- Diet plays the crucial role in keeping the healthy weight and ensuring the sound health of the baby along with mother. The healthy foods to eat during pregnancy include fruits, vegetables, minerals, carbs, low fat dairy products, Folate rich food etc.
- Make a conscious choices-During pregnancy the priorities are the health of the mum to be and the baby. At the end of day the choice is yours whether to eat a pizza with the cheese topping that won’t benefit your baby or eat something healthy for yourself and your baby. Making healthy choices can help you in reducing the excess weight and stay fit.
Practicing the healthy lifestyle during pregnancy can only ensure the well-being of you and your baby. Thus, follow the above tips and maintain the healthy weight for a safe pregnancy.